Thursday 8 May 2014

Rob gets a special visitor!

Another late night and I am trying to think of some lovely way to write the post tonight and I have nothing so I am just going to write what happened today!  I arrived at the hospital just after 9 and Rob was already up in his chair!  It was so nice to walk in the room and seeing him sitting there.  Rob also walked today!!!  I think I was more excited to see him walking today than I was when Isaac learned how to walk.  Throughout the day he walked 3 times.  They are really pleased to have him up and moving as it helps with his mobility as well as prevents pneumonia setting in from staying in bed.  He also was finally given some nourishment through his feeding tube.  He went almost 50 hours with no food!   Having the nourishment is super important because they don't want him to lose too much weight.  I was able to spend most of the day at the hospital today and we were able to enjoy some time together...we even watch the Canada vs USA women's soccer game tonight!


Rob has a special visitor today.....Isaac!  Rob and I talked about having Isaac come see daddy this morning and both felt he would be ok.  I brought him over late in the afternoon just for a short visit.  Before Rob's surgery we told Isaac what was wrong with daddy so he knew a little bit and then today I explained how daddy looked.  As we drove to the hospital we talked about it some more and Isaac seemed fine with it.  Well we couldn't have been happier with how the visit went.  Isaac walked in and saw daddy and was quite excited.  He gave him the get better soon picture he made and daddy gave him a new hot wheels car.  Isaac then sat on my lap and we talked about what he could see on daddy.  He was very curious about it all but not scared at all.  I really think it was good for Rob and Isaac.  Over the weekend I will bring him over again and maybe he can stay even longer.


We are all doing as well as you can expect.  My biggest struggle is feeling like I have to choose between Rob and Isaac.  I just have to remember that Isaac is always in good hand whether it's family or friends looking after him and even though he misses me he is doing just fine.  Rob really needs me right now and for a couple of weeks if Isaac doesn't see mommy and daddy as much it is not going to affect him in the long run. 


We are so blessed and thankful for all the people we have praying for us, helping us, and being there for us.  We would not be doing so well if it wasn't for all of you so thanks from the Scott's.
Love Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment